December 09, 2004

When you do what you do

I met up with Eugene yesterday. After a good dip in the pool with Anna in the morning. Now, people, it's really, really one of life's simplest and biggest joy to go for a swim (non-swimmers like me, a dip) in the pool in the morning. Especially when the sun is gloriously shining on your back. The only damaging thing was really only the combination of chlorine and sun rays on the hair. Still, it's a good trade-off.

Then, I met up with Eugene. Slightly sick, but still as great company as he always has been. We chatted a lot. From some of our own reflections in life, to work, to others' work, to relationships of our time, to the common traits of men and women of our time, to a surface comparison between our people and our neighbour's people, to certain persons in our local government and their ostensible level of intelligence, and finally to blogs.

A friend once commented that a blog is the celebration of the person who keeps it. Ditto. Eugene mentioned that a blogger knows very well his/her viewership group and target readers group. He asked how many personalities are actually behind the writing of one blog. And whether any one, if not all, is a truthful personality of the person who writes the blog.

Perhaps, there are many different truths to one story. That gives us all something to think about and write about. That gives us the allowance to be different from the next person. That also gives us the allowance to be different from who we think we are and not shock ourselves too much.

At the end of it, I accept that my blog is a place where people may know what they can (that I've allowed) about me. A place for some to realise that they do not know me. A place I occasionally drift into without really knowing what I'm capable of. A piece of story that I re-read sometimes and feel intoxicated with how much I love myself. A place where I celebrate myself tirelessly.

A place where I'm inviting you to come in but know that I don't have any right to make you stay. (damn! pretty much sounds like falling in love eh?)

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 13:27